Did you know that Americans represent about 5% of the world’s population but they consume 25% of the world’s energy. Everyone thinks about being more environmentally friendly but do they actually do it? We have gathered a few ideas to help you have a more positive impact on our planet this Earth Day.
- Recycling a stack of papers about 6 feet tall saves the life of one tree 35 feet tall
- Changing one of your light bulbs to a compact florescent bulb will save enough energy to light more than 3 million homes every year.
- Go Vegetarian once a week. Meatless Mondays can help save millions of gallons of water. It takes 2500 gallons of water to produce one pound of beef
- Did you know that planting one tree can help absorb p to 48 pounds of carbon dioxide a year.
- One person generates about 4.5 pounds of trash per day. Think before you buy.